Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Simple Craft For the Home


I have to admit that growing up I was never very artsy. My brother was blessed with all the artistic talents and I was the kid churning out art projects only a mother could love. I always felt like because I didn’t have the ability to draw or paint, that I wasn’t very creative. But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned that creativity isn’t just about art. I’ve found my creativity lies more in writing and crafting.

As part of this blog, Amanda and I are planning to share some craft ideas that we’ve worked on together and separately. 

Here is a sign I made for my laundry room:

As you can see, I've failed to actually hang the sign.

How cute is this? All I did was purchase some wooden letters, paint and a canvas from Hobby Lobby. I painted the canvas and letters white, and then hot glued the letters to the canvas. Including drying time, it took less than an hour and a half. It’s a super simple craft that can be done for a variety of rooms in the house like the kitchen or bathroom. You could even put your child’s name on a canvas and hang it in their bedroom. Choose the colors to match your dècor. I went with all white because when I think laundry, I think clean and crisp.

Share your ideas with us! What are some fun and simple crafts you’ve done to spruce up your home?


2 comments: