Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Adrianne's April Birchbox


I love, love, love makeup and beauty products. So naturally, getting samples delivered to me is a no-brainer. I’ve been a member of Birchbox since December 2011 and have really enjoyed trying products that I may never have been able to try otherwise.

If you’re a member of Birchbox, then you’re familiar with the fact that they sometimes send boxes that have themes. April’s theme was Natural Wonders – most of the products contained natural and good-for-you ingredients.

Here’s what I got:


The whole package
1. Alima Pure Organic Nourishing Lipbalm in Rhubarb
2. J.R. Watkins Hand and Cuticle Salve
3. Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream
4. Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift
5. Dropps Laundry Detergent

1. Alima Pure Organic Nourishing Lipbalm in Rhubarb: When I first opened this lip balm, I was a little disappointed because the color (Rhubarb) wasn’t all that appealing to me. It looks like a very dark pinky-brown. BUT, when I put it on I was happily surprised. The color, when applied, is actually similar to my natural lip color and the balm makes my lips super soft. Since I received this sample, it’s made its home in my purse!

2. J.R. Watkins Hand and Cuticle Salve: My hands tend to get pretty dry and rough, so I’m constantly using hand lotion and applying cuticle oil when I get the chance. Though this salve is a bit greasy, it definitely works to help soften and relieve dry or cracked cuticles. The look and texture are similar to Vaseline, but the salve has a slightly more pleasant scent.

3. Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream: This cream is SO THICK. It also smelled a bit floral. Some people do enjoy scented face lotions – I don’t. I have extremely dry skin, so the cream did work to hydrate my face. However, the cream is way too thick to wear during the day time and it left my skin feeling a bit greasy. If you’re looking for something very moisturizing, go ahead and give Jurlique a try. I’d recommend it as a night cream though.

4. Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift: I was so surprised with this perfume – it smells lovely! It’s a very sweet and fruity scent, which is right up my alley. I’ve been searching for a new perfume to purchase and this one is definitely on my list for consideration.

5. Dropps Laundry Detergent: Hmm. How do you review laundry detergent? I admit that I was a bit confused by receiving detergent in my Birchbox, but they do say you will receive lifestyle samples in addition to beauty samples. I received two packets – Dropps is the kind that comes with the detergent contained within a small plastic packaging. I did use the packets and I can really only comment on the fact that it’s convenient not to measure out liquid or powder detergent. 

Stay tuned for our May Birchbox reviews!


No comments:

Post a Comment