Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Adrianne's October Birchbox


I was so excited about my October Birchbox when I first opened it up! This month, Birchbox partnered with goop.com -- a source for lifestyle inspiration.



Here's what I received:

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends: Orange Flower & Lychee - Liquid Body Wash
Joanna Vargas Daily Serum 
Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss 
LUNA Fiber Chocolate Raspberry 
 essie® fall picks Nail Polish Collection

1. Kiehl's Aromatic Blends: Orange Flower & Lychee - Liquid Body Wash: Though I haven't tried many products from Kiehl's line, I did test out their Dark Spot Corrector (two-part review found here and here) earlier this year and loved it. So, I was excited to be able to try this sample. This body wash has a very faint, but really pleasant citrus scent and it foams up nicely. Though the consistency is liquid/gel, I found that this body wash wasn't drying on my skin. Usually I stick to thicker, creamier body washes because I have dry skin (especially this time of year) but this Kiehl's body wash was a hit for me. There's no sulfate in this product--so I'm guessing that's why!

2. Joanna Vargas Daily Serum: I've never tried a Joanna Vargas skincare product before, and that's part of why I signed up for Birchbox -- I love trying new things out. The serum is natural and contains vitamins, A, C and E to help prevent against wrinkles and lift away any dark spots or discoloration. The product also has hyaluronic acid, which is supposed to seal in moisture on the skin. The serum is very light and melts into the skin to provide some really good moisture -- perfect for cool and dry weather.

3. Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss: Another brand I've never tried! This Naked Princess gloss is part of a collection of eight barely there lip glosses. The glosses are designed to subtly plump lips without all the irritation and to add high-intensity shine. This lip gloss was really light and not too sticky and provided a really neutral shine to my lips. 

4. LUNA Fiber Chocolate Raspberry: This LUNA fiber bar tasted okay, but the consistency was more cake-like and not like a typical granola or power bar. Because of the texture it was pretty dry and I couldn't get through the mini sample without have some water to wash it all down. 

5. Essie® fall picks Nail Polish Collection: I am a huge fan of Essie nail polishes, but I was a little disappointed with this particular one. The color is a lovely deep matte gray, but I had a hard time with the application. The polish was very thin, making it look streaky as I applied. It took me three coats, as opposed to the usual two I do with Essie polishes, to get full coverage on my nails. Even with coat number two, I could still see some streaks. Aside from the issues with the formula, the shade is a perfect neutral for fall, winter or both.


No comments:

Post a Comment